Post Tattoo Care
Post Tattoo Care
The Post Tattoo Care at Dark Arts The Tattoo Studio is crafted to suit the tropical climate zone that we are located in. It ensures that the healing of the tattoo is easy and complication free. However this is possible only if the points mentioned below are followed sincerely.
- Remove the Dermalize Pro dressing gently after 4 days.
- Wash the tattoo immediately with a mild soap and drinking water and pat dry the area.
- Do not apply any ointment on the tattoo after the first wash, and let the tattoo air out for 12 hours.
- When going for a shower apply a thin film of Vaseline petroleum jelly (without Aloe) and ensure that you do not soap the tattooed area during the shower.
- After shower, wash off the Vaseline with the mild soap and drinking water and pat dry the area.
- Apply a very small amount of Vitamin A&D ointment on the tattoo. (just enough to moisturize the tattoo)
- Washing the tattoo and application of Vitamin A&D ointment has to be done 4 times a day for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks washing the tattoo with mild soap and application of Vitamin A&D ointment has to done twice a day and this goes on for 2 weeks.
- Do not expose the tattoo to direct sunlight/salt and chlorinated water for at least one month.
- Do not use any moisturizer which has Aloe, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E on the tattoo for at least 6 months.
- Do not apply any oils on the tattoo.
- Do not peel any scabs that are forming on the tattoo.
- Post one month, if you are exposing the tattoo to direct sunlight/salt or chlorinated water, please use a sun block of SPF50 or SPF70 which is a spray.